Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Like a midget dipped in chocolate..

Short and Sweet.. : P I am only at work to graze over party yummies. We decided to have a post-thanksgiving party. What can I say I work with a bunch of party animals.... I did finally make the pecan pie and it turned out just fantabulous!

I couldn't sleep last night. Have you ever followed a thought path backwards. I originally started thinking about beauty. I have just finished my weekly watching of America's Next Top Model which had gotten me thinking about beauty (Stick with me, okay). I then decided the three people who I think of as beautiful were my Mom, Aunt Hazel and P. But not just in the tradition sense. There is so much inner beauty that shines through them.

Then I focused mainly on Aunt Hazel. She passed away several years ago but I still think of her often. She is more like a great-aunt. I tended to think of her like a grandmother in the way she acted. She used to fuss over Dad and make him take the recliner. She loved cats but couldn't have any where she lived so we bought her every cat thing imaginable. My favorite was this mug that had a cat as the handle and a fish at the bottom of the mug. My newest kitty is named after her and it is very fitting. I remember our last phone conversation where she told me that she was ready for death. But she still teased me about my last ex-boyfriend like always calling him Mr. What's-His-Name. I really loved her so much and I miss her still. She was such a character. She used to tell me that I was her favorite and not to tell the others. Though I suspect she might have told us all that.

And about then is where I fell asleep. I love when I can see where a thought came about.

Alright, I do believe that was pushing the short barrier. Good day and wish often (I forgot to put that on yesterdays).

4 comments:

Raina* said...

oooh, I'm diggin your blog.... I'll be back for more.

Scott said...

Cool thought... neat how you get places.

As for the US media. They don't talk much about the rest of the world do they?

D

Christielli said...

Right now I'm a cat person who can't have cats - my roommate, bless her soul, is allergic. She pays half of my rent, so I'll take her over the cat. Oh, and she's a very awesome girl too.

Anonymous said...

I guess the 10 year autobiography in a couple of paragraphs wasn't as enthralling as I hoped it would be. C'est la vie. I'm glad you are doing well.