Saturday, February 18, 2006

Yawn...or Not to Yawn

That is most certainly the question today. I woke up early this morning at 4, read until 6, slept until 8. I crashed yesterday about 9 so I did get my eight hours but the rest of the morning had me a bit befuddled. If I get 8 hours, am I still tired by my waking at 4? Things to ponder # 1,256...

So note to self never promise wonders. They just don't work that way. It takes away from the wondering. Maybe I should mix mundanes and wonders. That way....no because the mundane can be a wonder. Like Wednesday was going to be stars. They are probably my number one wonder and they need no explanation to go with them. Though I have always loved the idea that we may see a star's light that is no longer there.

I think I will leave Thursday's wonder up to you all. One person's wonder is another's mundane. Case in point, my dad has been taking pictures of mundane things that he finds beautiful.

I have decided that the plan of working out in the evening after work is a foolhardy plan. Even with my $2.00 in my pocket and my workout clothes in my car, I still can't seem to get myself to the CF gym to work out. So I came up with a new plan. On my late days for work ( I have two days I don't have to be here until 11 : ), I go that morning and then either on Sunday or my day off. Unfornuately this Sunday I have to work at another branch and Monday is a holiday so the earliest I will be able to get in is Tuesday.

Oh, the best laid plans of mice and men... though I never did exactly understand why mice had to plan. Except for Pinky and the Brain... : P

Good day and what are we going do tomorrow night, Brain?

4 comments:

Dave said...

A fieldmouse had built a home, stocked and ready for the winter - she had planned ahead.

One autumn day, Robert Burns and his brother were plowing a piece of land, when Robert spied a field mouse scurrying from a freshly turned furrow.

The small incident inspired him to compose To A Mouse, On Turning Up Her Nest with the Plough, November, 1785.

In the poem, Burns apologises to the mouse for disturbing her home, forcing her to build another in the face of the coming wind and frost of winter.

But, he adds philosophically, mice are not alone in experiencing such tragedies and frustrated plans, because, as he writes:

“The best laid schemes o’ mice an’ men/Gang aft a-gley.”

EveyQ said...

Utter perfection are you, Dave. Thank you so much for the info as to the quote!

: )

Dave said...

No problem.

As they say.

Clint Bodine said...

I always liked the image of stars as tiny holes in the fabric of heaven.... as represented on the woodcutting here.