Thursday, October 13, 2005

Where There's Smoke....

The week has been another exciting one here at the branch and personally too. Hazel is on the mend and doing wonderfully. She is back to her oh-so quirky self. LOL But so am I.... : P She still is continuing to make the bathroom her oh-so cool hangout spot.

We had a fire drill this week and a pygmy rattler visit last week. The fire drill was just great. A weird thing to say about a fire drill but very true. We got everyone out to the parking lot and learn just how to shut the darn thing off. Then the fireguys ( in the name of gas saving) made this a combo trip and checked books, CDs, etc. out. Dad says that it is one way to boost our circulation : )

The snake was a whole other kettle of fish ( and we have those too by the way). One of the patron came in and talked to my children's librarian, took her outside and then they came to get me. I however did not go outside. There was a pygmy rattler just outside by the walkway for the bookdrop. We were a bit in a tizzy as what to do. This was not covered in my policies or my procedure manual. Thankfully by time we finished closing up for the night, it had found a better place to sun. Eek... One of my staff wondered why we didn't just shoot it. She had a pistol in her truck for that very purpose. I wonder if I could that by my boss... I'm thinking no... When I did email her for more instructions she suggested asking one of our fireguys who are just over the hill. So we did and he very calmly suggested getting a snake shovel. I'm a city girl and have no idea what a snake shovel is. He told us it is like a snow shovel. You hit the snake with the flat end to knock him out and then the square end is used to slice his head off.

Ummm being the boss is great. I just turned to my token guy (Libraries just don't attract a lot of guys) and delegated him to be the offical snake shovel handler. Ahhh! I love to assign tasks. : P

Speaking of guys, I have a date with one of those creatures on Sunday. We're supposed to meet at a bookstore ( a very dangerous store for me to be in) and have coffee. I have been talking to him via phone for most of this and last week. We get along great on the phone so I have high hopes for a F2F meeting. It will also hopefully make up my mind as to whether he would be a possible boy friend or boyfriend. I am a bit nervous about the whole deal as I haven't dated much since stalker boy and have never done the whole online dating and meeting. I have told everyone I know about the date (including you blog persons) and am meeting in a public place. I have also googled him, asked for more photos and looked him up on the public records and corrections site (Thanks for the advice, big brother ). Ah amore!

Good day and when the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie...

Ciao!

2 comments:

Jamie Dawn said...

Just popped in via your dad's blog.
The rattlesnake would freak me out!!

pai said...

Try Zabba Search www.zabbasearch.com LOTS of personal info there! :) --DZC's friend