Monday, October 03, 2005

Gone Wishin'

My deepest apologies everyone. I hadn't been kidnapped by weird shoe fetish aliens with suicidal tendencies. Last week was a manic week of highest highs and lowest lows. Due to expected craziness of the week, I decided to pack up and leave town. I headed off to Sneads, FL. Home of the nothing special. But it did have a very nice state park in Three Rivers State Park. It had one and only one cabin which I took over for a couple of nights.


It was peaceful personified. I chilled there and also went adventuring in the Florida Caverns. It was just lovely... I hope to get the photos posted soon. I took Dad's advice and took 90 all the way across. I must have gone through at least a dozen little towns. It really was a great drive over all. With the exception of the love bug love fest on my bug...: P I had to stop at least twice to clean off my windshield so I could see to drive.

I really didn't see that much in the way of wild life. I could never decide if I should walk quietly to see the animals I did want to see or loudly to keep away the animals I didn't want to see. I did see a flock of quail eating by the side of park road and a humming bird that came right up to the door of the cabin. Very cool beans!

But the rest of the week and a little of the first part of this week was wretched and beyond. My littlest cat Hazel had gotten very sick and was unable to eat or keep anything down. She lost a lot of weight and I was very scared for her. I took her in on Tuesday and got antibotics. But the stuff they gave to keep her from vomiting so did not work. I had to work on Saturday so Donald my brother took her back in for more test ( Major major gratitude for that... that was definitely brother of the year kudos for that). I didn't want to go home most nights for fear that I would find her either sicker or not alive.

But for the first part of the week she didn't get any worse and she did stop throwing up. She still wasn't eating so I headed out and got some baby food. She ate it! And as of yesterday, she went back on her regular food. YAY!!!!!!!!! They never did figure out what was wrong with her. They warned me that she might get sick again after the antibotics if it is something wrong with her. Hopefully not. Fingers crossed and mucho prayers for that not to happen.

As far as the rest of my week, I'm still emailing A. He sent me his cell number and we talked for about 2 hours last night. I had to beg out kind of early as I wasn't feeling good. But he is very cool and funny.

Good day and TTFN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Sorry your cat has been sick. Hope Hazel make it ok.

Wanted to let you know that I finished Glog this afternoon. It's posted. Thanks for all your encouragement.

Anonymous said...

M here-
Ok cat is sick and you didn't call me!!! Hazel is still a kitten, right... did the vet do any x-rays? Has she gotten into anything odd recently... chewed on something... are you missing a dimond necklace by chance. OK so maybe only Shebazz has a taste for fine stones huh. Did you get any new plants in the house? Sounds like she is through the bad patch now... hope she is ok. Your vacay sounded nice. e-mail me lov ya babe!