Friday, October 28, 2005

Yippy Skippy!

I love getting my own email. Not the junk mail that gets to everyone and their llama. But mail just for me. I found out this morning that my brother J. is coming down in December and has granted my birthday wish to be taught how to waltz. I have already told him to bring his steel toed boots.

I am so thankful that right now as I sit in my office writing this, life is good. My cats are all healthy. ..once Hazel got over whatever she had and I had my slight scare with Henri (he had a day and a half of being sick). They are loving that I drug out the comforter the other night. It has been getting down into the 40s here at night and with no C&A... it's like a meat locker with tv. It is the only time that they will sleep with me. It's not love, it's survival : P

My family is just the best. We rally together so well and every getting together is filled with laughter. And stories... always stories. We are all born storytellers. We must get that from Dad who is a great writer. Plus we're all weird... we get that from Dad too :P

My job is great too. I have a wonderful staff who just fit together so perfectly. We are a really good balance. It makes my running of the place so easy. This place is the perfect idea of community from both the patrons and the staff.

Can you tell I am an optimist yet? Life falls into place with this simple saying: God is Good. Has life ever been bad? Yes plenty of times. There have been times when I thought it was bad and even times when I thought to be nothing would have to be better than this. Yet even in these darkest of times for me, He was and still is there. It reminds me of those stereographic pictures that were really popular a couple of years ago. You stare and stare and stare at them looking for whatever was supposed to be in the picture. You'd swear that they were a crock and then pop... you finally see it. It was there all along right in front of your face. Looking for God is a stereographic picture. LOL Though I never have gotten one of things to work... at least not all the way. I would start to see a piece and then lose it.

I could make this into a country song... Looking for God in all the wrong places...LOL

Good day and look hard.

No comments: