Thursday, June 01, 2006

Even, I'm Odd...

Well, chickadees, it is that time of year when a young lady's thought turn to ..... a)mush, b)travel or c)the lastest cricket scores.

It's a trick question. My mind is always mush, there isn't a day yet that I don't wish to just keep going to somewhere else and I have yet to finish my reading of The History of Cricket and Cricket: techniques, tactics and training. It is like learning a whole new language.

But I do like learning new things. And going to new places hence the whole travel reference. But where? By tomorrow I should have about a week and a half saved up of travel time. I probably won't be able to fit it into June. I know, I know... only the first day and it is already mostly booked. But July seems like a good time as ever to go. Plus I get my raise as of July 16th. A whole 5% more. Yay! Must ponder this some more. I'd like it to be out of state. Hmmm.... I'll be out of state and out of my mind : P

Speaking of new languages, I plan on brushing up on my French. I got a couple of CDs for the car to practice. Hey, I thought what better time. I normally sing in my car but I can make an exception. Je chante dans mon auto normalment... maybe I should pop one in this afternoon so I might be able to finish that thought in French : )

Nothing more on the UN position. The position doesn't close until mid July anyway. Though being the positive person I am, I expected them to read mine and just close out the rest. I understand that they have to give everyone a fair shot at my job... : P

Good day and Bonjour!

2 comments:

Christielli said...

Cricket... I've heard watching it is more boring than watching paint dry. Glad to hear you like it.

I saw an ad on the subway for something cricket-related going on in town... funny coincidence that you mention cricket.

EveyQ said...

Not sure if I like it yet... mainly am studying it because of a blog I read. :) Also figured that if I hope to make England my home one day, it might make for good pub chatter :P