Monday, September 12, 2005

Coo, coo, coo...

Pigeons have been trained by the U.S. Coast Guard to spot people at sea. This was my Snapple fact of the day. I love it. What line of the budget is that one in? Well, we'll provide $ 15 million to the Coast Guard for boats, crew, training and pigeons? Coo, coo, coo-coo... little Timmy's lost off the Coast of Palm Coast. We'll get right on it, Pigeon Toad. Another fine rescue!

I have spent the afternoon grave hunting. No, it is not something all the cool librarians are doing. I am hunting for the grave of a particular person that is the great uncle of another particular person. I have narrow it down to two possible cemeteries. Can we say field trip? I wonder if the library will fund my mileage for that one : ) Actually I came across a cool article on a class of elementary students who did go on a field trip to the cemetery and other cool points in the city. They were studying city history ( I should write the teacher and make Dad's book required reading for the class: )

Just a normal day here in LibraryLand. I did send it my resume and letter to the cruise people. What an awesome job title for hopefully a very awesome job. I wonder if they have a club. The Cruise Ship Librarians. Talk about exclusive...

Good day and happy digging!

No comments: